Sonntag, 24. Januar 2010

EVE Blog Banter #14: Dreams and Hopes

Welcome to the fourteenth installment of the EVE Blog Banter, the monthly EVE Online blogging extravaganza created by CrazyKinux. The EVE Blog Banter involves an enthusiastic group of gaming bloggers, a common topic within the realm of EVE Online, and a week to post articles pertaining to the said topic. The resulting articles can either be short or quite extensive, either funny or dead serious, but are always a great fun to read! Any questions about the EVE Blog Banter should be directed to crazykinux@gmail.com. Check out other EVE Blog Banter articles at the bottom of this post!

The first banter of 2010 comes to us from the EVE Blog Father, CrazyKinux himself, who asks the following: As we begin another year in New Eden, ask yourselves “What Now?” What will I attempt next? What haven’t I done so far in EVE? Was it out fear, funds, or knowledge? Have I always wanted to start my own corporation, but have never dared doing so? Is there a fledging mercenary waiting to come out of its shell? Or maybe an Industrialist? What steps and objectives will I set myself to accomplish in order to reach my ultimate goal for this year? EVE is what you make of it. So, what is it going to be for you?


For me the last year was incredible, so many things have happened: the youngest generation of Minmatar slaves was freed by Empress Jamyl Sarum, wormholes opened up in quite an epic (if catastrophic if one remembers the lost Thukker caravan and the destruction of Seyllin) emergence. It was also the year where I emerged from the shadows and went into the light that is my current corp.
I am optimistic that this year (my second year in Black Thorne) will be as nice and interesting as the first in which I started with a Scythe and Rupture being able to fly just the first level of missions to piloting a Hulk and Maelstrom able to help the local government agents in much more difficult missions (just to name one line of progression).
What hasn’t changed and what probably will not change is that I am still wandering through New Eden and looking at all its wonders and sights, that I am still excited when I learn something new, see something new. Our universe may be dark, but it still does hold light in the form of good deeds you can see and nice people you can meet.
So my hopes are up for lots of interesting stuff to happen. I am hoping for lots new stories to read from all of you, I am hoping for those “Burning Life” stories, I am hoping to be able to complete my mission to help the Angel pirate faction against the anarchist pirates that are the Guristas, I am hoping to have a nice time with my corp mates and hope to be able to help them in lots of ops. This year will also be the one where I will try to make my first tentative steps into the regions where we Capsuleers reign free.
Lots of hopes, hm? Well, I guess as the past is our memory, the future is our dreams and hopes. Bearing that in mind I do hope for a nice and exciting year for all of us hoping together and dreaming together and together looking forward to the additions that will come to this universe of New Eden.

Below a list of other participants who weren't as late as I am with the banter.

List of Participants:
  1. CrazyKinux's Musing - A beginning is a very delicate time...
  2. The Wandering Druid of Tranquility - Words, words, words…
  3. My God It's Full of Stars - What Now?
  4. The Elitist - Plans for 112yc
  5. Into the unknown with gun and camera - Show me the money
  6. Ecliptic Rift - Enabling the future
  7. Inanity and Doom - New Year's Resolutions, New Eden Style
  8. Break Vol - Blog Banter #14
  9. Guns Ablaze - What Now?
  10. Adventures in Mission Running - The Way Forward
  11. Diary of a Pod Pilot - Things I want to do
  12. Inner Sanctum of the Ninveah - The Year That Will Be
  13. Roc's Ramblings - WordPress ate my blog
  14. Vive Virtual - Frontier Living
  15. A Mule in EVE - Next on the chopping block
  16. Prano's Journey - I Peer Into My Crystal Pod...
  17. Life in Low Sec - Expanding the Franchise
  18. The Light of Stars - Testing the claims of CCP
  19. A Memoir From Space - A New Direction
  20. The Chronofile - Blog Banter 2010
  21. FlashFresh - What now for Flash?
  22. EVE Opportunist - Fyreite in 112
  23. Mike Azariah - Jiorj
  24. Yarrbear Tales - Year in Review
  25. The Independant Analyst - The Year Ahead
  26. The Travels of Black Claw - Where ma I going?
  27. Warp Scrammed - What to do this year
  28. Sered's Lives - Searching for directions in 2010
  29. Finders & Keepers - New Tears, Same Great Taste
  30. The Captain's Log - To Dream of the Future
  31. The Lathspell of Mithrandir - Resolutions
  32. The Midnight Sun - EVE Blog Banter #14
  33. EVE What? - New Heights to be Reached
  34. The EVE Chronicles - New Year – New Blog – What a way to start the Year!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen