Sonntag, 5. Juli 2009

[OOC] EVE Blog Banter #9: Slaves

Welcome to the ninth installment of the EVE Blog Banter and its first contest, the monthly EVE Online blogging extravaganza created by CrazyKinux. The EVE Blog Banter involves an enthusiastic group of gaming bloggers, a common topic within the realm of EVE Online, and a week to post articles pertaining to the said topic. The resulting articles can either be short or quite extensive, either funny or dead serious, but are always a great fun to read! Any questions about the EVE Blog Banter should be directed here. Check out other EVE Blog Banter articles at the bottom of this post!

"Last month Ga'len asked us which game mechanic we would most like to see added to EVE. This month Keith "WebMandrill" Nielson proposes to reverse the question and ask what may be a controversial question: Which game mechanic would you most like to see removed completely from EVE and why? I can see this getting quite heated so lets keep it civil eh?"

__

Being quite a newbie I am not yet too engrossed in many of the game mechanics, so this is quite a difficult question for me. Lately I was able to destroy the ships of Amarrian Slavers in a mission. As slaves are illegal (and quite rightly so) where I live, I couldn’t take them with me and set them free at a station, which I found quite unfair (especially to the poor slaves). So I would propose to take away the game mechanic that makes them effectively un-freeable. Instead I would like to propose that it should be possible to free them. As most of these poor souls are probably addicted to Vitoc, a mission where you could get a possible antidote would be nice (could be a storyline/epic arc even as the Vitoc antidote ties in quite nicely to the events described in the Empyrean Age novel). When said antidote is applied to the unfortunate slaves, they could be changed to “Freed Slaves” (that are legal in Minmatar and Gallente space but perhaps not anymore in Amarr space).
Well just a though.

If I were to judge I would btw vote for the idea set forth by Morphisat about taking away the randomness of T2 blueprint invention.

__

A list of all the participants can be seen in CrazyKinux's post about the banter.

4 Kommentare:

  1. No freeing my slaves! Who would do my household chores if you did?

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Hehe Chain - well I guess your payed servants would do that for you if you are nice enough to them. Or .. what about you doing your own household work once in a while? ;-)

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Well on a more serious side Chain: If so the freeing should work both ways. e.g. you find Tourists and by applying something (chains, vitoc etc.) to them you could/should be able to turn them into slaves again.

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. You just won a little something as part of the EVE Blog Banter Contest!

    AntwortenLöschen